Entrepreneur recently published a blog post, "5 SEO Trends Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know in 2014", which resonated with us a great deal because the 5 points discussed build upon what we often teach our clients - "The Integrated Marketing Strategy". Most of the tools that we build and maintain for our clients all play a role for each other. Example: Maintaining a blog that contains value-added content = e-mail worthy news to your e-mail list = social media content = both e-mail and social driving traffic back to your website where you can control the visitors experience and generate leads.
We speak to many business owners who are approached by Search Engine Optimization (SEO) companies that are promising their business top rankings on search engines. For a small to medium sized business this can bust their marketing budget, because the ONLY way to maintain "said" rankings is to keep paying that monthly premium the SEO company is charging. The problem is that Google, for example, has caught on to the link-building tactics that these SEO companies and are penalizing businesses' websites. So, what's worked for your business in the past may no longer work, and in fact, could actually hurt your business now.
At Mindful Mix, we have always embraced an organic SEO approach for our clients. This is an approach that includes brand building, mobile optimization, content marketing and social media integration. If you are not considering any of these, then it is time to take a look at shaping up your strategy.
Here are the top tips to consider:
1) Content must be laser focused on your audience's needs.
2) Social media amplifies your reach, signaling to search engines that users find your content valuable.
3) Links from high quality sites also reinforce that you're a solid, trustworthy site.
4) Brands (& Companies) need to become savvy about telling their own stories and creating content that resonates with audiences.
5) It's getting harder for sites without a mobile strategy to rank well. This includes both a responsive designed website and a mobile content strategy. Half of Americans own smartphones and more than a third own tablets according to Pew Internet. Responsive design ensures that your site looks great across a range of mobile devices. A mobile content strategy targets your content to the context, needs and behaviors of mobile users.
6) Building your brand and thought leadership through content marketing is critical ranking well over time.
7) Social media, especially Google+, plays an integrated role with SEO. Google is relying more than ever on human signals in the form of shares and mentions on social media to help vet sites. If you don't have a strong social media marketing presence and a strategy that makes it easy for people to share your content, it's time to implement one.
As you review your strategy, please remember that good content, building links and developing your social platforms all mutually support each other. Mindful Mix is able to help you through this process. Give us a call if you would like help in this area of your business. 847.550.4498